1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

I chose A Level media studies because it seemed interesting to me and moreover in gcses english literature was a favourite of mine and additionally my previous school didn't offer it as a subject.

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

My school (Featherstone High School) didn't offer media.

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework task did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

I am hoping to get a B or above.

5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I am leaning more towards an apprenticeship in a sector of engineering but I haven't made my choice on where to go yet or which part of engineering to pursue.

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2022 has been and why?

I believe Andrew Tate has played a major part of media in 2022 as many young people aswell as the older generations are talking about him and he is a very controversial character.

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

I avoid going to youtube for news as many of the channels lie about the news in order to gain views and cause mass hysteria so whenever I plan on finding out about news I will do a quick google search and compare multiple websites to get a general sense of whats happening.

8) What was the last film you watched?

Justice league the director version which was 4 hours long but worth it in my opinion.

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

I have watched many tv shows but in my honest opinion "The Boys" is my favourite not only for the entertainment but it provides a sense of  how people with powers would act and influence the world and it also heavily focuses on the media aspect of how the "heroes" are casted as the media always try representing the main characters as good and justlty when in reality they abuse their powers and are only in it for the fame or monetary gain.

10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone).

I try avoiding my phone because it can lead to addiction but I spend 2/3 hours on my phone, I'm usually on my computer most of the time. I believe my screentime is healthy as most of the time I either go to the gym or go outside as personally devices and screens can just drain me of life and theres more to life than a screen.

Comments

Popular Posts