My media consumption by laith.

Newspapers

  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
None.
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
The main pages as there is a lot of drama often.

  • What sections do you never read, and why?
The middle pages as they are always about old people or grandmas.
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
Mainly news and politic based stories as I am interested in the world and how it works.
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
No.
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
I often go on online versions more than physical newspapers as they are easier to access and I use random websites such as Daily mail or the Independent ect.


Magazines

  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why/why not?
Whenever I am at an appointment or somewhere similar I will always randomly read a magazine as I find them quite interesting however I never purchase them.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I normally look at the contents page and sort through the most interesting topics.


Television

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
Now I don't have a TV  however when I use to I use to spend a few hours everyday browsing and watching cartoons or movies.
  • What device do you use to watch television?
A tv.
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
I use to watch it after school which was around 3 pm and until 7/8 pm.
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
I use to enjoy watching scientific documentaries as they were very interesting however when I was bored I use to watch cartoons and comedic movies.
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I would watch TV with my sister and It would always be me who decided.
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
I use to watch on-demand.


Radio

  • Do you listen to the radio?
  • -No
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Do you listen to podcasts?
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
  • -Music and the news occasionally.


Film

  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
-The latest movie I have seen was called the Black Phone and it was a horror movie based on the past however outside of the cinema at home I have seen many movies such as the matrix and Ted 1/2.
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
I use Netflix to watch most of my movies when I am not able to go to the cinema as it is easy and cost effective.
  • Who else watched the films with you?
When I went to the cinema I was joined along with my friends however at home I watch movies by myself.
  • Who decided what films to watch?
A friend of mine suggested the idea of watching the new horror movie the Black Phone.
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
The main device I use is my computer as the screen is quite large to the point where I am able to see a lot of detail which is why I don't use my phone as the screen is too small/not enjoyable.


Online

  • How often do you access the internet?
Daily.
  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
I mainly access the internet at home.
  • What are the main sites that you access?
YouTube is the main site as I binge watch videos in my free time.
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
They are mainly for entertainment.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
I play games or use the internet to study/revise.
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
My primary device would be my computer as its the easiest to use and its the fastest but my second device would be my phone.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
  • -I need to source more forms of media either physically or online.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
  • -I will broaden my variety of media consumption so that I intake many forms of media.
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
  • -Radio, newspapers and magazines.

Comments

Popular Posts